So your best friend, sister, cousin or school friend is getting married and everyone is going crazy talking about what the bride will wear, what colour scheme will she put her bridesmaids in, but we want to focus on you, the guests!!
It may seem a little hasty to start talking about the trends for 2016, however we all know how time flies and if you are helping with the planning, then taking a family summer holiday, then preparing for a new school year and then Christmas….then we are in 2016.
The fashion world waits for no one and the trends, colours, inspirations, themes are forever changing, plus we have to be very aware of what the bride does and does not want her guests wearing, a specific colour that might clash, or she wants a Disney themed wedding and you must conform! You must always be one, two, three steps ahead and even more in the case that you want to be that show stopping fashion guru guest.
1. The fit. Choosing an outfit is a step by step process and we start with the material that you choose. You need to consider what time of year the wedding is, if it’s summer you want a light chiffon that is comfortable and not too figure hugging. Feeling hot and agitated is the last thing you want to feel during the ceremony and wedding breakfast. Next year is honouring the return of lace and layers, many designers are featuring the fashion comeback such as Pronovias, Reem Acra or Cabotine.
Don't want to miss out on the latest trends for your wedding?
Subscribe to our newsletter.
2. The return of volume. If you are looking for the perfect time to be super duper dressed up like a real princess and don a two piece with a voluminous skirt then your sister’s wedding is the perfect opportunity. You will also know everyone at the wedding, be in all the photos and want to look good too, so it may be the only time (apart from your own special day) when you can really forget any inhibitions and have the confidence to make a fashion statement. The collections of Sonia Peña, Matilde Cano and Isabel Sanchis are currently presenting this style and must be considered when deciding what to go for.
3. Black and White always wins. All fashion victims know that black and white is a combination that never fails, especially at weddings. They are complimenting colours that do not depend on size, style, shape or height. It is a safe bet of colour coordination that can be adapted and enhanced with accent colours, accessories, hairstyles and much more. This has led designers of ceremony and prom dresses to include this colour scheme in their collections as a core that lets you look radiant and very chic next season.
4. Prints and plant motifs. Next year, as a guest you are invited to wear a dress with prints that’s will make you become one of the best dressed. This incorporates much more than a style, it officially becomes a statement maker. The trend can be seen in the collections of Carla Ruiz. Matilde Cano, Patricia Avendano or Sonia Peña.
5. Transparency, live on the daring side! Transparency does not necessarily mean see through but mysterious and classy. Leaving a lot to how this outfit is paired, what shoes or hairstyle will decipher the success of such a daring outfit choice. If you have a high neck detailed dress and it is majority transparent, then you will want a classic court shoe to complete the outfit, or an up style hair do to show off the entire outfit.
6. PAST trends, make them the future fashion! In terms of fashion eras and trends, it may seem that any past time fashion fad was better left where it peaked however if you want to be a wolf leading and not a sheep following the fashion footpath then recreate a past fashion, with a strong bold colour or print. The Greek Empire is a style that never gets old and you can always style it in your own way, designers Matilde Cano, Alberta Ferretti or Reem Acra, are very much in favor of this style for 2016.
7. Costume jewels and floral applications. Cabotine, Carla Ruiz, Matilde Cano or Patricia Avendaño’s have included these additional accessories within their 2016 collections. Guests deserve to shine bright and with these elements they will help add glamour to your gorgeous guest look.
8. Colour, bold and strong or light and airy? In previous years we encouraged the prevalence of certain colours with certain collections, in 2016 guests have more than ever to choose from with different inspirations from various designers and trends. For the summer soiree, pastels, such as light pink, baby blue or the nude are a favourite of the designers. If you want to include more colour to your look, the always elegant and successful red, yellow, blue and green are emerging as the biggest and most popular.
These are just some ideas on styles, colours, themes, patterns, inspiring designers and fashion trends. Once you have the base of your outfit that can be any of the above, you can then start to adapt and create that glamorous guest look.