The world is a wonderfully magical place, with so many hidden gems to discover. Malaysia is one of these spectacular places that has managed to stay out of the spotlight of mass tourism, meaning its natural beauty shines through for all of those who are lucky enough to visit. This outstanding destination has an abundance of unique wonders, attractions and cultures, just waiting to be discovered!
Whether you’re planning a unique honeymoon with once in a lifetime experiences, or a group holiday filled with adventure and diversity, Malaysia is the place for you. Perhentian Besar is a must-see, with the beach life in Malaysia being second to none. The breathtaking beaches radiate peace and tranquility, with the turquoise blue waters glistening under the Asian sun. The crisp white sand creates the perfect setting to lie back and relax upon, underneath the coconut palm trees that line this tropical paradise. Turtle Point is a definite must see for all the snorkelling lovers. This precious spot is the ideal place to experience sea turtles in their natural habitat, an opportunity not to be missed!
Tioman is another one of the islands which is filled with enchanting locations, and is yet to be discovered by many travellers. Surfing and diving are the main attractions here, while the Langkawi island is known for its parties and duty free items. No matter which one you choose to visit, you’re in for a treat!
Whilst the remote beaches are calling out to be explored, the capital city of the country, Kuala Lumpur is another must-see! At the heart of the country, the great Asian cultures live in perfect harmony. Chinatown and Little India showcase the cultures of their respective countries in the streets of the Malaysian capital, with a beautiful Hindu shrine (Batu caves) in the second case. Jalan Tokong in Lelaka, popularly known as Harmony Street, is a perfect example of the Asian community living in peace along the same street. Here you can find people from different cultures and religions spending their days at the various temples, eating the typical food of each zone and respecting the rites of the different religions. Making it one of the most ethnically and religiously diverse cities in Southeast Asia.
True to its versatility, Kuala Lumpur is home to a wonderful contrast of bustling city life as well as the natural beauty of its parks. Standing tall above the city you can find the Petronas Twin Towers, the world’s tallest buildings which appear to go on forever as they caress the sky.
Beaches, cities and nature are the three different areas that come together to form this Asian country, each with its own unique beauty and charm. Many natural parks and lush green landscapes flow throughout the country, with Cameron Highlands being the hub of the country’s national agriculture. As one of Malaysia’s most extensive hill stations, it paints the vast countryside in beautiful shades of green. You can find many fruit and vegetables growing throughout, especially tea and strawberries. If you like to get away from city life and experience nature at its finest, then the hiking trails here are perfect for you!
The Bako National Park, with its proboscis monkeys, is one of the main attractions here. As well as the strange looking primates, the feast of wild, native flowers here creates the most beautiful backdrop. The Taman Negara, which is more than 130 million years old, is another favourite for all of the visitors to Malaysia. The variety of fauna and flora here make it one of the most breathtaking spectacles that you’ll ever see. The landscapes in Malaysia are second to none, and stretch the whole way from the highest hills to the depths of the sea. The seabeds here, especially in the Borneo area, are home to some of the most spectacular underwater beauty we’ve ever seen. One of the best diving spots known to man, Semporna, is also located here. With more than 3000 species, it’s the perfect place to observe the wonders of the sea!
There are many tours to take throughout Malaysia. Here’s what we suggest:
1. The highlights: A three week trip visiting the best that Malaysia has to offer is one of the best choices. Visit the most famous parts of the country such as Kuala Lumpur and Cameron Highlands among many others, finally finishing off in Singapore. On the way you can see various temples, beaches, mountains, forests, fauna, flora and much, much more!
2. Get a real taste of Malaysia: A true culinary adventure awaits you in the gastronomical heartland of Asian food. By taking this tour you have the opportunity to eat your way through the country! All the way from Malacca in the South to Penang in the North, of course making a stop off in the buzzing capital Kuala Lumpur and the famous hills of the Cameron Highlands.
3. See Malaysia in style: A luxurious tour that combines some of the country’s finest resorts; perfect for your honeymoon! Begin by being pampered in the natural beauty of central Malaysia, then travel to Kuala Lumpur when you can spend a few days in the buzzing capital. After this, jet off to a luxurious and romantic resort in South East Asia and then to finish, how about spending some time in the sophisticated city state of Singapore.
1. From the UK there are various different routes you can take to Malaysia. Both British Airways and Malaysia Airlines offer direct flights from London to Kuala Lumpur. It’s important to keep in might that most other airlines don’t have direct flights, and you may have a stop over. If you plan to factor in an overnight stay somewhere, then we suggest checking out Emirates or Qatar Airways which stop off in Dubai and Doha.
2. When you get to Malaysia, the best companies for local flights without a doubt are AirAsia, Firefly, Berjaya Air and MASWings. Combining trips of all types, from tourist hot-spots to those more secluded places.
3. The good news is that British nationals don’t need a visa to visit Malaysia. Travellers will normally be given permission to stay for 90 days upon arrival.
4. Accommodation varies depending on the demand at the time of year your visit. There are many humble hotels which aren’t very expensive, both in Kuala Lumpur and surrounding areas. However if you’re looking for a more luxurious resort, these are usually located in the beach areas, such as Langkawi Island. If you’re planning a trip for your honeymoon, we have a few recommendations; The DataiMalaysia in Langkawi, which has its own private beach and golf course; The Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, also in Langkawi, which boasts impressive views and a high quality service; or the Avani Sepang Goldcoast Resort in Selangor. These are all perfect for your dream honeymoon in paradise.
There are many places that despite their uniqueness, deserve to remain a secret! Get to know Malaysia and discover everything that it has to offer.