It’s been 55 years since she left us, however time has not prevented Norma Jeane Mortenson, mostly known as Marilyn Monroe, on continuously being an iconic star. Although she had a tragic death, that remains a mystery, her elegance still inspires movies, fashion style, decoration … And lifestyle! She is a symbol of popular culture that will last for eternity.
So, to remind ourselves of just how inspiring she was, both on the screen or in reality, here are 10 phrases from the Glamorous actress:
1. “I am good, but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil”
2. “Things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they’re right.”
3. “Millions of people live their entire lives without finding themselves. But it is something I must do”
4. “I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I’m out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you don’t deserve me at my best.”
5.“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.”
6. “The real lover is the man who can thrill you just by touching your head or smiling into your eyes — or just by staring into space”
7. “Success makes so many people hate you. I wish it wasn’t that way. It would be wonderful to enjoy success without seeing envy in the eyes of those around you.”
8. “Fear is stupid. So are regrets.”
9. “Keep smiling, because life is a beautiful thing and there’s so much to smile about.”
10. “I live to succeed, not to please you or anyone else.”
Her words are inspirational, and she will always be remembered as a symbolic figure in history, as well as an advocate for equality, femininity and individuality. A woman ahead of her time, no doubt.