Wedding trends 2011 – wedding dresses
We’ve been checking out the 2011 collections for a while now and have spotted some styles, features and embellishments that we think are going to be big for 2011. So here, as part of our 2011 wedding trends series are the trends for wedding dresses.
* Sleeves didn’t materialise as predicted in 2010, but we’re definitely thinking that romance will continue to reign supreme in the bridal world in 2011. You just need to check out trend leaders Vera Wang and Reem Acra to see that their dresses are still trying to capture the princess in all of us.
* Lace is still going to be big, as vintage remains influential in the bridal world.
* City-style weddings mean shorter, cocktail-style wedding dresses. Just check out Pronovias 2011 if you don’t believe us!
* Trumpet skirts have been big on catwalks in the US. Kind of like the mermaid-style, this style marks out your curves while kicking out at the bottom in a cute touch.
* Who’d have thought that ruffles would make it into 2011, but they’re still here, ever since Colleen covered herself in Marchesa ruffles!
* Off-the-shoulder is still queen and this means that backs are getting more interesting. Remember to check out the back of any dresses you try on. Most people are going to be looking at it for a large part of the day!
* Black – it’s back again. Rosa Clará was just one of the designers to feature black accents in her most recent collection. Gloves, bows and belts are favourites for this touch…
* Dramatic veils – check out this information on veils from Deity Bridal Veils for a step-by-step guide to getting dramatic!
For more catwalk trends, check out this From the 2010 Runways slideshow from Brides.com