Wedding trends 2011
The summer’s over, there are still weddings taking place, but those of you planning a wedding are looking forward to 2011. So how about some thoughts on wedding trends for 2011. Here are some things we’ve noticed, some things we’ve been told and some things we think you’ll love!!!
* Lots of mermaid style dresses in collections – we’re getting womanly again!
* City-style weddings, with short or tea-length dresses tie up nicely with the less fuss of the credit-crunch times
* Wedding dresses with pockets – the Zk team really loves this one and are sorry that some of us are already married as we would definitely have had pockets on our wedding dresses if we were getting married in 2011 (right, Mariana?!)
* Vintage – it’s still here, you still love it
* Embellishment on dresses in the hottest 2011 collections is still romantic – flowers, frills and orgaaaanza, darling!
* DIY – doing things yourself, like making some of the decoration or even your own make-up, means supreme control over details. But remember, it’s all about balance and specialists are worth it because they can give the support and fresh ideas that have come through years of experience in bridal. Also, delegating really is clever…
* Varied table sizes and shapes at the reception – we’re big fans of long tea-party style tables, but this is hot from the US. The same goes for chairs – they shouldn’t be the same! It will be interesting to see how regular venues cope with this one.
* Honeyweekends – we discovered it and we’re loving it!
* Navy blue – I’m seeing it all over the place, mothers-of-the-bride, bridesmaids. I love it!