Top 10 products for your Bridal Beauty Emergency Kit
‘Be prepared’ – that’s the motto of the girl guides. But I think it should also be the motto for every bride. You can’t afford not to be prepared. It’s a good idea to write a checklist for the day and give it to one of your bridesmaids to look after it for you. You might already have some of the items. You should invest in a new tube of mascara for the day so that its clump free!
Make up is important for every bride on her big day. Here are some ideas to get you through your wedding day without a hitch!
My Top Ten must have emergency beauty products for your kit are:
* Concealer – Great for covering up blemishes and light touch ups. Use they compact type and apply with a cotton bud and cover with powder. My favourite one is Illamasqua concealer
* Powder compact – Great for making the face look fresh and blotting away shine too, love Bobbi Brown Sheer finish pressed Powder
* Blotting papers – Use them to blot away a shiny T-Zone and still keep your make up in place. They don’t remove your make up when you use them. I love Mac Blot film.
* Waterproof mascara – Great for tearful brides, my favourite one is by Blinc mascara. Its tearproof, smudgeproof and waterproof.
* Sunscreen – Minimum factor SPF15, you never know when the sun might shine. The last thing you want is sunburn on your summer wedding day. Piz Buin has a great range available which includes a once a day application that lasts for up to six hours.
* Facial Spritzer- Freshen up your skin and rehydrate all in one go. My fave is Dermalogica Multi Active Toner. It’s light and refreshing and it can be used over make up.
* Lipstick or Lipgloss – Touch up your lips throughout the day. There are so many lip products on the market. Make sure you get the same one as the make up artists use.
* Clear Nail Polish – not only is it great for adding a bit of sheen to nails but can also double up for repairing chipped polish and ladders in tights.
* Tissues and cotton buds – Yes I know these aren’t beauty products but they are essential for any beauty kit. They are useful for wiping away tears, using as make up applicators and wiping away lipstick marks!
* Handcream – Keep your hands soft and supple on the day! Try handbag sized Neutrogena Swiss formula handcream.
Keeping these emergency items in a bag will make the day run smoothly and not your make up!
Written by Joyce Connor