Six beautiful birdcage veils for 2012 brides
This week, we’re concentrating on your head. Not staring at it, no, just wondering what you can put on it on your wedding day. We already suggested some vintage-style headwear, but now we’ve got a rundown of our six favourite birdcage veils for brides. Beautiful!
1. The first two in our top six are by Debbie Carlisle and her company DC Bouquets, expert in unique vintage-inspired wedding accessories. Her 2012 collection includes the following two headpieces, which can include a birdcage veil, to really set off any vintage look. Here, the Bijoux headpiece and birdcage veil are £165.
2. Meanwhile, the beautiful and very understated Olivia headpiece and birdcage veil are £155. Three leaves on the headpiece are topped with a vintage brooch or earring, and the birdcage veil gives the finishing touch.
3. This pearl-inspired piece is another favourite of ours. A combination of light feathers and sumptuous pearls will look beautiful in your hair, while the birdcage veil delicately covers your face. So chic. Find it at Lily Bella for £32.
4. Fascinators are also big and perfect for a bride who wants to make an impact. Head Full of Feathers makes a range of wow-factor headpieces, but we especially loved Hepp Kitten, available for $169 from Head Full of Feathers’ Etsy Store.
5. Another beautiful piece from Head Full of Feathers is Midas Touch, with its combination of gold, champagne and ivory feathers. This one’s available for $155 from the Etsy Store, but also check out Head Full of Feathers’ website for more info and other designs.
6. And finally, Erin from Arabella Bridal, an Edinburgh-based online store selling beautiful, handmade, birdcage veils and fascinators. You can buy from the online store or contact them directly for a bespoke service.
I love this birdcage veil not just because of the decoration and its distinctly vintage feel, but also because it’s on a headband – soooo easy to put on.
So which one’s your favourite? And if you’re looking for more inspiration, why not check out our post on vintage headwear – we’ve got veils, combs and lots more!