You already know that Breakthrough Breast Cancer has looked to the wedding industry in the past to help fight breast cancer, through fun activities like Brides at Work and the Brides at Work auction. Now that it’s Breast Cancer Awareness …
Breast Cancer Awareness Month – Zankyou’s favourite products
Breast Cancer Care UK celebrates Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October. A big part of raising awareness of breast cancer is done during the month through the pink products created by leading brands especially in support of this cause. While all the gifts are mighty cool, here are some of Zankyou’s favourite ones…
According to Breast Cancer Care, in just one month, “nearly 4,000 people will receive the devastating news they have breast cancer and another 1,000 people will die from the disease.”
In order to raise awareness of the illness, many retailers sell specific pink products, giving part of the profits to breast cancer charities. You might already have bought some, but if not, get shopping! Or why not put them on your Zankyou wedding list and do some good during your big day.
1. Cadbury’s pink Flake, 49p. 5p of each sale will go to breast cancer charities (with a minimum donation of £96,000. Get them at ASDA.
2. Brita® pack for Breast Cancer Care. For £25, get a Marella pink jug, three filter rechargers and an Orla Kiely-designed ‘Wottle’. £1 of each sale will go to Breast Cancer Care.
3. A Fujifilm FinePix JV100 camera in hot pink. £89.99, £5 of each sale will go to Breast Cancer Care. Buy at Boots.
4. Julien McDonald and Fearne Cotton Travel Cards. £5, all of which goes to Breast Cancer Care. Buy at the Breast Cancer Care shop.
5. Oakley sunglasses in two styles, Commit™ (for sports use) and Dangerous® (for looking cool in). £135, £10 goes to the Lavender Trust. Buy at various stores (check Oakley for suppliers).
All images from Breast Cancer Care