This week I posted the first “round” of our invites! There is no going back now! We have decided to post our invites in a 3 “waves”. The first 100 are all day guests, we then have a list of …
5 top tips for organising wedding invitations and stationery
When organising your wedding invitations and stationery, it’s important to get it right, as it can set the look for your big day, weeks in advance. The Personal Paper Co gives you five top tips on organising wedding invitations and wedding stationery in the run-up to your 2012 wedding.
1. Planning – you can’t do enough of it! Think of all the different pieces of stationery you will need and decide which you can do yourself and which you need someone else to print. Don’t leave things to the last minute – it will simply add to the stress levels.
2. Build up a book of ideas – Start looking out at other people’s invitations – there will be bits you like and bits you will want to avoid.
3. Guest list – Get it sorted! Once you know who you will be inviting, start collating their full addresses and names of partners into a spread sheet. If you do this once, you will always have it easily to hand for addressing envelopes, table plans, place name cards and later, your thank you cards. And after the wedding is all over, you can import your list into your address book and will have these to hand forever.
4. Keep it simple – some of the best things are the simplest ones. Don’t over-egg the stationery – less is more !
5. Take time to enjoy it – with luck, you won’t do this twice !
Post by Zankyou Guest Blogger: Alexandra Martin-Zakheim, owner of The Personal Paper Co and expert in wedding stationery.
Are you a weddings expert? Would you like to be a guest blogger for Zankyou? Contact us!